14 March 2012

The Secret Book & Record store

Today I found a new to me independent book store, called The Secret Book and Record store, on Wicklow street. I can't believe I have just found this place, having walked passed it for years! It's tiny and messy. I loved it! There is no way I'll find a particular book but it's perfect for browsing on a lazy afternoon and finding little treasures.
 I got myself a 1959 edition of Wuthering Heights for only 2euro. Happy times! (Check out my brand new shamrock. I hope to keep the poor thing alive at least till Paddy's day. Don't have a good record in plan-watering business, though, so we'll see).






On the topic of new books, why on earth can't I find any John Green books? I've checked every big store, a few second hand bookstores, and nothing! What's up with that?
I've got hooked on vlogbrothers' videos recently and now I'm dying to read one of his books, but it's like they've disappeared. I remember seeing Looking for Alaska everywhere when I didn't know who John Green was, but now it's like a treasure hunt! Even in the library every single John Green book is on loan. I guess I'll just have to get them on Kindle. Oh, they better be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment